Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lots of fun office projects!

Our family office started to become a room full of clutter. It has never been decorated and has just been a junk collector. Not anymore! I decided to fix it up, but the deal was I could only spend money on paint for accenting.
See, lots of clutter, can you tell how much that tredmill gets used? That bin has been sitting on it for months!

Clearly, after sitting in this chair, I should be getting on the tredmill sooner, rather than later. This chair was a dump find, that I thought was in good condition, until I sat in it. The one thing I thought I wasn't going to have to re-do! So I got out some of my coffee bean bag scraps, and some grommets to make a new seat and chair back.
I love how it turned out! I had no real plan for this room, I knew I wanted to accent with green. But after the burlap chair, I knew what direction I was heading!

Burlap & Birds could be the theme of this room! I used this old shoe bag to organize and sort bills, I still need to add labels to each pouch. I wish each pouch was empty!

This bird was one of my dollar tree finds, I just spray painted her green to match the rest of the room! I pulled out my "spring" bin to get my bird nests. Now they have a place to stay all year round!
I had nothing hanging on the walls before. I need some free art, so sticking with my bird and burlap theme, I used some scrap wood from the garage and made a frame, them stretched the burlap around and stapled to the back! Instant art!!

This is the kids little area! Finally a place for all their school work, calendars, and backpacks. no more hunting for everything Monday morning! I used chalkboard paint on the wall, once dry I pained a frame around the chalk board, and then added ribbon for fun detail. I screwed an old soup can that I put paper around to hold the chalk. I also thing I need a picture of Dr McDreamy aka Patrick Dempsy, hanging by that old street sign...

This is where the back packs and school work can go. I added clips to the top to display their latest creations! The bins were black, but I spray painted them with my green apple rustoleum spray paint! I used my cricut to cut out the letters of the alphabet, but it needed something on each end, so I went searching for some inspiration, and found some over at The Fickle Pickle, these owls were just what I needed! mine were all made from scraps of scrapbooking paper. I sewed around the edges to give them a more finished look.


This little clock was my last project. I had the perfect place for it, but the pink just didn't go. So you guessed it, I spray painted it! The I added some paper polka dots with mod podge! So simple, and it looks like a whole new clock!
A brand new look all for under $20! Stay tuned this week to see the new work room that I created!
This week i will be linking up to:

The Girl Creative


The DIY Show Off

Makingand made it Mondays at the Persimmon Perch.

47 comments:

leelea said...

Love it!!! Especially the little owl up high!!!! He is in charge!!!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

So many fun ideas! Love all the burlap around the room!! The burlap chair is great!!

Amy

Unknown said...

So cute and very functional now! You will love it! Enjoy- Krista

Unknown said...

ps- Your chair reminds me of the one Ty did with fire hoses! So cool!

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

WOW! You are my hero!! I bow to your prowess! hehee I wish I had an office that organized and cute! :)

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Wow! This room is full of wonderful things... I don't even know what my favorite part is! :)
Great job. You are so creative.
~Amy

Treasia Stepp said...

That chair is just the cutest thing. I love that. I also love how you've got the children places for their back packs and school work. Well done.

Diann said...

Great Redo! And love the price tag!!

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Everything you did was wonderful!!! I love the chair re-do and the original art and the clock and...everything. What an amazing work space! Hugs, Lana Austin

Marianne said...

You did a great job at this room. You really pulled it all together. Love the chair! No I mean I really love that chair! So glad you broke it so that it had to be fixed.

Anonymous said...

I love the little green bird on the candlestick. SO cute! Love your makeover!

Kristin said...

I love projects made with stuff you have or can find! what a great blog! Good Luck with SYTYC. I am also on there and excited to see who goes through to the next round!
Kristin
peapodcreations.blogspot.com

Lori E said...

It always takes that one little piece of inspiration to make a plan come together.
That green color is so happy and fresh looking. This rooms has a lot of functions to accommodate. You have done a great job of organizing it.

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Hi there! Just wanted to stop by and say good luck in sytyc!

Love that burlap chair! Great room!

best wishes,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop in and let you know it would be an honor to compete against you in sytyc!!! You would blow me out of the water!!! Good luck, it's been exciting to see all the projects!!!

Julie said...

I love it. Unfortunately I have to get rid of my office to have space for the baby in my belly. I'm going to miss my own space. Maybe again one day. Thanks for posting to Made it Monday! Jules

Heidi said...

LOVE all the green accents. The room look great. I really like the owls you did for the alphabet!! This is the 1st time I've visited your blog (I think), but I'm definately planning to come back again and again. Where did you get all of the burlap coffee bags? those are so cool!

Angie Holden said...

What a great redo!! I love all the burlap!!

Unknown said...

That chair is AMAZING. I love it - and everything else you did!

Charity said...

I love the whole room, but that chair is over the top good. I love the inspiration.
Cha Cha

nannykim said...

Really cute ideas here!

Kimberly said...

I would never have thought to use a shoe organizer for bills! Such a clever idea! Thanks for sharing.

Catherine said...

Wow, you are so very creative. This turned out beautifully!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

This is one of my favorite things I have seen in a long time!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That is an awesome chair! i love the rest of the room too! Thanks for linking up at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

artisticblend said...

That looks great! I love the chair and the little bird in the nest. Now I'm kicking myself for passing up this cute birdie and a tall candle stand at the thrift store today! UGH!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Your office looks great. Love all the details. Thanks for joining the Power of Paint Party!

Becca said...

so do you find yourself going in there all the time just to soak it all in! I love it!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the chair, great ideal. In fact I love your office, the green just makes the whole room look so cheerful. Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

Shannon said...

WOW nice job! I love the chair.. the the owls... and the clock... and, well, just about everything!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I am so sharing the link love for you tomorrow on my blog! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday on Tales from Bloggeritaville, this week!

Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

LOVE the owl!! he made me smile

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Ahh, burlap, sweet burlap. What a great idea! You did a wonderful job, and I MUST go buy some of that green apple Rustoleum! So far I've only tried their black paint, but that green is a must-have! Thanks for all of the inspiration in your room.

Chubby Chieque said...

What a wonderful and smarty ideas you shared to us today.

I am drooling what you done to your office. Hmmm... wish I could do the same.

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Everything turned out so cute! I love burlap, and I love the way you used it. What a great office!
Traci

Magic Brush said...

I think the shoe sorter is genius! And the green bird in the nest is my favorite part of the room! Wonderful!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

INSPIRATIONAL! And all on a dime, too...love that!

My fave is the face of the owl next to the letters...priceless!

Anny said...

You are so clever but that burlap chair is just genius :)

KimMalk said...

Everything looks so much better. I have the same dollar store bird (and the same green), I think I'll put it on a candlestick.

Prior said...

Love your dump chair find! Great save! Wouldn't mind working in your office. Lezlee

Miss Mustard Seed said...

You are so creative! I love how the chair turned out. Very resourceful of you. You have reigned in that clutter and gave this office a good dose of personality. It just shows what you can do on a budget. Good for you!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hi Missy!

I tell you what, I neeed some bloggy help- a whole redo. I am hoping to do that in the next few months.
Regrading the button, its been an issue. I would suggest, cut and paste the image into a folder on your desktop, then upload into "gadgets" as a picture. There is a place specific for links. Put my web address in that place. Thanks Missy! And ty for participating in TT!




HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I am moving in! How fun!

Its So Very Cheri said...

The chair is darling, the entire room is darling. FABULOUS.

Cheri

cutiepiescustomcreations said...

HI, here by the way of TDC!

LOVE the idea of spray painting the hanging file/mail slots-- I have been looking for a set of these for my house but couldnt find cute ones like the ones in the photo I got the idea from---never thought about spray painting the regular ones, but I think thats just what I am going to do! woot!!!

TidyMom said...

very nice!! I LOVE the burlap on the walls!

~TidyMom

WhisperWood Cottage said...

As I commented above, there are so many fun ideas. Thanks for linking up at the Workspace Showcase!