Thursday, January 14, 2010

The "Monica" turned Workroom

So I had this closet, it was supposed to be the storage room for all my holiday bins, and quickly it was re-named "The Monica". Any Friends fanatics out there?? Then you know what I am talking about.Now it would not be fair if I did not tell you that this closet had be re-organized before I had taken this photo...and then I took it apart 2 days later. Great Planning huh! Over the holiday break, I wanted to do some projects, but the high here that week was oh about -2, and that was on a good day. So I had no where to go work, my garage is not heated. So the next step was to find a place in the house that I could turn into a work room.
The most logical place was "The Monica". It was big enough, the carpet on the floor was just a remnant and the walls were not painted. So I cleaned out the Monica, it is truly amazing how much stuff you can get rid of when you need to! I hauled in a table to work on, the hubbs put up a shelf for all my paint, and I mounted an old piece of peg board to hang all my tools.


It is almost perfect! Except there is about 0 ventilation, so only small projects for now! We need to get that figured out!
Funky Junk's Workshop Series


11 comments:

dmvoccola said...

Looks pretty impressive to me!

leelea said...

Oh what a girl can do on a mission!!!! Where did all the tubs go?????? LOL Looks good to me!!!!

The Decorating Diaries said...

The Monica reference made me laugh. Big Friends fan. Cold weather really holds up projects. Hope your knew space works for you.

Janet

Jeanette said...

What a great space. It looks great.

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Laughing at the Monica reference! :)

Um... okay, how jealous am I?
Love your new workroom.

Love your workroom!
~Amy

Treasia Stepp said...

It looks perfect. Well done. Now I have to ask, where did the other things go?

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Betcha they went into the cold unheated garage. :)

Way to go Missy! You'd better plaster this brag all over the workshop series! You're ahead of me. :)

Donna

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies!!! The bins all went into the closet in the office I h=just re-did, it was also housing a bunch of crap! So I cleaned it out, and everything from this room fit into the closet! Yeah!

Missy

Magic Brush said...

I miss Friends. Sad face.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Wow! you're way ahead in the workshop series... I sooooo want to be there.

I want to be on the other side of this task.

Great job!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

I know. Missy cheated. She started earlier. But she's gonna need us to help her finish. Right Missy?!? Go go go! :D

Great looking workspace! Thanks for joining in for the Workshop Series!

FJ Donna