Sunday, January 22, 2012

Color Change

The plan was to repaint a small area in my kitchen. I wasn't really happy with the shade of brown and was in love with grey lately. So I bought a gallon of grey paint for an area that took maybe 1/4 of a quart! So I had all this paint left over. 
Downstairs I had 2 walls that had been a golden yellow color, which I always liked until recently I made a wreath and hung it up and decided that I no longer liked the golden yellow. My hubby loves it when I do this! 
Here it is. 
Blech! So since I had all the grey left I decided to make a change! 
I paint both walls grey, and once I started I could not paint fast enough. I was loving the grey!! 

 I had Mike hang a ladder on the wall to use as my new shelf.
 I made the 3 wood signs on the ladder, a tutorial will be coming soon!!

 Here is the same door shelf with my new wreath, it looks so much better I think!


 I made a new curtain, it is made from the same fabric as the wreath. I just love it!!!





Now I better get back to the kitchen, that I have since painted back to brown, just darker than what was there before. I will post more later!! Have a great Sunday! 

5 comments:

Karla Do More said...

Love the ladder shelf. Great idea! :)

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

The ladder is a great idea and you can change the displays so easily! Love the script fabric on your curtains - beautiful room!

Please stop by to enter my digital scrapbook software giveaway!

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

It looks awesome in your kitchen area! Great Job and idea!

Sueann said...

I love the color! And your door shelf and ladder are fabulous!
Love it...love it...love it
Hugs
SueAnn

Kristin said...

Love love love! The door and ladder shelf are wonderful =)