Sunday, December 30, 2012

Make a Minky Infinity Scarf-a tutorial

Have you ever felt Minky?? It is quite possibly the softest fabric ever! Many people use it to make baby blankets. I decided to make something different with it, an infinity scarf! I bought 1/2 yard of each color which will make 2 scarves! 


 To start lay your fabric out and cut an 18" piece. This is really messy to work with so have a hand vacuum handy to clean up as you go! Minky comes 60" long. I leave it at that, it is the perfect length!
 Fold the strip in half lengthwise, right sides together.
 Pin along the open edge, I used several pins, the inside is lined with a silky fabric and it will move as you sew. I tried to pin every 3-4 inches.
 Now sew along the edge leaving about a 1/2" seam allowance. Thread color does not matter, you will not see it, minky is very forgiving!


 Now reach your hand in and turn the scarf inside out.

 You should now have a 9" wide tube!. I placed it flat on the counter and made sure that the seam was in the center.
 Now bring the two open ends together, tucking one inside the other. Pin the ends together & sew it!

That's it!! It will wrap around your neck 2 times and is so warm and cozy! Perfect for winter!
I also bought some skull and solid minky to make scarves for my boys! They love anything soft!

I simply cut one of each fabric 9" wide and sewed along both edges to make the tube. Turn inside out and finish the ends the same way! 

 The boys love them! They have had them on ever since I finished them!





Well there you go! Such a super easy project and it takes no more than 30 min to make!
Happy Sewing!




2 comments:

{northern cottage} said...

Gorgeous!! I just made one similar a few weeks ago... With cotton on one side and minky on the other .... Ahhh so cozy!!

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE this! And I NEVER would have thought to make one for my grandsons. I have 5 and am always on the lookout for something different to make for them. This is perfect, thank you for sharing!