Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Closet turned office

January has been the month of purging for me! I have cleaned out so many spaces in my home and gotten rid of a ton of stuff! It feels great and should have been done years ago!! This weekend the kids and I tackled a closet. This area used to be an entry way to the home. Once we added on, the closet became a catch all. 
So we emptied it out and I made an office for my hubby!! 
The kids helped remove old wall paper. And we peeped the walls for paint!
Removing the wall paper made me so glad we hung it properly! It was so easy! 
The space is quite small so I wanted to keep it neutral and functional!
This mirror was glued to the wall and I didn't even want to attempt removing it for fear of a giant hole in the wall. I painted it with chalkboard paint and trimmed it out with vintage rulers! Perfect for the construction office! 
Here's how it came together:
We built the desk from plywood! It will be perfect for the computer and doing paperwork. 

We made this bench form an old door. Perfect below the window for reading! 
I love the space! It adds so much to this part of our home!! 
I hope this leaves you feeling inspired! You don't need a ton of space to create a perfect little office!!

Missy
The little green bean

Ps! I almost forgot! I am part of a fun giveaway on Instagram today! Be sure to check it out! There are some fun Valentine's Day prizes from several businesses! 

No comments: